Creamy Truffle Polenta with Poached Eggs
Creamy polenta, fried cremini mushrooms and a poached egg topped with gruyere and truffle oil
Servings: 2 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g swiss brown (cremini) mushrooms- thinly sliced
- 20 g dried porcini mushrooms- soaked for 10 minutes in cold water
- 2 cloves garlic- minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp tarragon- chopped
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- 75 g instant polenta
- 50 ml full cream milk
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- 30 g gruyere cheese- finely grated
- 2 large eggs- softly boiled or poached
- Poach the eggs in a saucepan. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium- high heat. Fry the sliced mushroom in several batches, to avoid overcrowding the pan. Fry until the mushrooms are lightly golden.
- Add the mushrooms back to the pan, add the drained porcini mushrooms, garlic, thyme and tarragon. Season with salt & pepper, and continue to stir until any liquid has evaporated- about 2-3 minutes. Set this pan aside
- In a small saucepan, add the stock and bring to boil. Stir in the polenta, then add the milk. Stir until the polenta is thick but smooth- it should still be slightly runny. Add more water if the polenta starts to dry out.
- Remove the polenta from heat, add the truffle oil and stir until combined. Spoon the polenta into 2 serving bowls
- Add the fried mushroom mixture over the top, then gently slide one poached egg into the centre of each bowl.
- Add a handful of grated gruyere on top, and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Calories: 486kcal Carbs: 41.9g | Fat: 27.6g | Protein: 20g