This soup has a lot going on- it’s fragrant, creamy, herbaceous and spicy all in one, yet it’s deceptively simple to throw together. I’ve made my version of the classic Thai Tom Yum Goong with prawns and a barramundi fillet for extra protein (this little bowl packs an amazing 46.6g of protein!).
I like to make a big pot of this so I have enough dinner for a few weeknights ahead- it’s gets more delicious after a couple of days in the fridge, and there’s nothing quite like coming home to a hot bowl of nourishing soup, ready to serve at a moment’s notice.
Thai Coconut & Lemongrass Soup (Tom Yum Goong)
A deliciously fragrant soup of prawns and barramundi simmered in coconut milk with lemongrass and ginger
Servings: 3 people
- 1 lemongrass stalk- white part only, minced
- 4-6 garlic cloves-minced
- 2-3 cm galangal- minced substitute with ginger
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 brown onion- finely diced
- 1 litre vegetable or fish stock
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 400 ml light coconut milk
- 4 barramundi fillets
- 300 g prawns- shells removed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 bundle enoki mushrooms substitute with shiitake or any other button/cup mushrooms
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1-2 red chilli
- Add the lemongrass, garlic cloves, galangal and kaffir lime to a mortar and pestle, and grind until it becomes a paste
- Heat ½ tbsp of coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the paste and brown onions and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the stock, lime juice, fish sauce and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the barramundi fillets, prawns and enoki mushrooms, and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the barramundi fillets are firm. Add in the cherry tomatoes and remove the soup from heat.
- Ladle the soup into small bowls, garnish with fresh coriander and sliced red chilli and serve
Calories: 337kcal Carbs: 14g | Fat: 12.1g | Protein: 46.6g
Mariko ThomsonMarch 27, 2020 at 7:09 pm
The https://yumyumtime.net website is one of the best we have
found, and the Thai Coconut & Lemongrass Soup (Tom Yum Goong) article is very well written and useful!
I want to share with you a link that also helped me a lot in cooking: https://bit.ly/easy-fat-burning-recipes
Thanks and kisses! 🙂
ปั้มไลค์June 20, 2020 at 3:54 pm
Like!! Great article post.Really thank you! Really Cool.