Tacos are such a fun party food- they’re interactive and self-customised to each individual’s taste, you gotta get your hands dirty and you’ll probably end up with juices running down your chin. They’re also pretty quick to prep; you have a lot of components that are made with fresh ingredients which will take a matter of minutes to whip up, it’s just the protein component that requires a bit more care.
This week, we’ve made Carne Asada for our tacos- that’s marinated skirt steak, grilled and thinly sliced. You can also use flank steak or sirloin steak. Marinate in orange juice and spices for a couple of hours and grill or barbecue. Thinly slice the steak against the grain, and your protein is done! Carne Asada definitely takes the tacos up a notch, they’re instantly transformed from fun finger food to a real, substantial meal!
The other components are really quite simple- chop up some red onions and ripe tomatoes and squeeze over with lime juice for a yummy, fresh salsa. I like to fry up my chopped onions for a couple of minutes just to take a bit of sharpness out, but you can also leave them to sit in a bit of lime juice for a few hours to allow the flavours of the red onion to mellow slightly. I’ve added chopped jalapeno to my Pico de Gallo, I love the extra spice; but you can carefully remove the seeds from the chilli if you’d prefer the salsa more on the mild side.
Smash up some avocado and top with cumin seeds and a squeeze of lime juice for a super simple guacamole that you can dollop onto your tacos.
Now the components are all ready and you’re set to assemble your tacos! Load everything onto warm tortillas and top with coriander, spring onions and sliced jalapeno. Serve with some hot sauce on the side and enjoy!
Skirt Steak Tacos
- 1 limes- juiced
- 2 large garlic cloves- minced
- 75 ml orange juice
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves- finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno- finely diced
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- freshly ground salt & pepper
- 350 g skirt steak substitute with flank steak or sirloin steak
Pico de Gallo
- ½ red onion- diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes- diced
- 1 jalapeno- diced
- ½ lime- juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp lightly toasted cumin seeds
- 1 lime- juiced
- 6-8 white corn tortillas
- 1-2 jalapenos- sliced and deseeded
- 2 stalks spring onions- sliced
- 1 handful fresh coriander- leaves picked
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl, rub into the flank steak and marinade in fridge for 2 hours. Take the steak out of the fridge 20 minutes prior to cooking
- Add olive oil to a cast-iron griddle pan on medium-high heat. Cook the steak for 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the cut.
- Allow the steak to rest on a cooling rack for 10 minutes
- In the meantime, chop the ingredients for the pico de gallo and combine in a small bowl
- Smash the avocado with a fork in a separate bowl, and mix the cumin seeds and lime juice in. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Slice the steak into thin slices- make sure to cut against the grain
- Warm up the tortillas on a warm pan, and the tacos are ready to be assembled!
PaleodebcooksJanuary 3, 2020 at 8:59 am
Yum! Love a fun taco party
bowlerMay 18, 2020 at 7:25 am
Ⅴеry good blog post. Ι certainly aрpreciate this site.
Stick with it!
18+June 6, 2020 at 9:22 pm
There is ｃertainlу a great deal to know about this issue.
I really like all of thｅ poіnts you’ve made.
xvideoJune 7, 2020 at 4:06 am
Heу wouⅼd yօu mind letting me know ѡhich hosting company you’ге usіng?
I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different Ƅrowѕers and I must say this blog
loads a lot faster then most. Ⅽan you recommend a gоod wеb hosting provider at a honest price?
Thank you, I appreciate it!
หนังavJune 9, 2020 at 4:23 pm
Ӏ think this is among thе most important info for me.
And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general things, The sitе styⅼe is wonderful, the articles iѕ rеally great :
D. Good job, cheers
xnxxJune 13, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Quality posts is tһe main to attгact the viewers to go to
see the web site, that’s what this web site is providing.
nuvidJune 13, 2020 at 10:51 pm
We are a group of vⲟlunteers and opening a
new scheme in ߋur community. Your web site provided us with valuable infо to wοrk on. You’ve done a formidabⅼe jоb and our whole community will be grateful to you.
ปั้มไลค์June 28, 2020 at 7:05 am
Like!! Thank you for publishing this awesome article.