Roast Butternut & Beetroot with Smoked Salmon & Yoghurt
A satisfying and flavoursome salad with roasted butternut pumpkin and beetroot with sliced red onions, smoked salmon and freshly picked dill
Servings: 4 people
- 600-700 g butternut pumpkin- peeled, de-seeded and cut into 2-3cm cubes
- 600 g small or baby beetroot
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 300 g smoked salmon or trout
- 200 g greek yoghurt
- 120 g red onion- very thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- 3-4 sprigs dill- leaves roughly picked
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Wrap the beetroots individually in foil and place on a baking tray.
- Scatter the cubes of butternut pumpkin over another baking tray. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place both trays in the oven and roast for 25-40 minutes- the pumpkin should be lightly coloured and soft, and you should be able to insert a knife into the beetroot easily. Set aside to cool, then peel the skin off the beetroot. Chop them into 2-3cm cubes
- Place a small frying pan over medium heat, add the cumin seeds and dry fry them for 2 minutes.
- Combine the cumin seeds with the roasted pumpkin and beetroot. Squeeze over with lemon juice, then arrange on serving plates. Add twirls of individual smoked salmon slices and add several small dollops of greek yoghurt
- Add the dill over the top, and season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 249kcal Carbs: 22.8g | Fat: 6g | Protein: 25.4g