Pavlova Chia Pudding- inspired by my all time favourite dessert! For those not from down under, Pavlova is typically served close to Christmas in Australia and New Zealand (although it is available all year round!). It’s light and fruity and tastes like summertime festive cheer!
Pavlova is always on a vanilla meringue base, however what you put on top of Pavlova is up for debate- for me, Strawberries & Passionfruit are a must! Sometimes you’ll see Kiwi or Mango, anything goes really!
Here’s my healthy rendition of the mighty Pavlova- delicious summer fruits- Strawberries, Blueberries, Passionfruit and a sprinkle of shredded coconut. Swap the meringue out for a tasty vanilla-protein chia base, and you have yourself an amazing start to the day.
I love eating chia seeds for breakfast- it has a decent amount of protein, almost all of the carbs are fibre, and they’re a great source of omega-3, antioxidants, iron and calcium. I like to soak my chia seeds in coconut water but feel free to substitute for coconut milk if you prefer yours a bit creamier. I also mix in a scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein for an extra protein boost in the morning.
Pavlova Chia Pudding
- 2 tbsp dried chia seeds
- 160 ml coconut water or use coconut milk for extra creaminess
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein I use 100% Whey Protein Isolates from Optimum Nutrition (Vanilla Ice Cream flavour)
- 120 grams strawberries
- 120 grams blueberries
- 60 grams passionfruit
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut
- Combine chia seeds with coconut water in a bowl and stir to combine. Leave covered in fridge for at least 6 hours (stir after about 3 hours to get an even consistency)
- After chia has set, spoon into 2 cups
- Top with strawberries, blueberries and passionfruit. Sprinkle with dessicated coconut
- Serve chilled