Baked eggs are the ultimate, effortless breakfast. Any combination of veggies can taste amazing baked in oozey gooey eggs and topped with a generous scattering of cheese. It also makes for the perfect clean-out-the-fridge meal.
For breakfast today, I’ve thrown in some cherry tomatoes with pre-roasted capsicums, kale and black olives with tomato paste and oregano. Add these to ramekins, crack 2 eggs into each ramekin and top with crumbled feta; then the oven does the rest of the hard work!
Mediterranean Baked Eggs
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 stems curly kale- washed and stems discarded
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 300 g roasted capsicum
- 10 black olives- sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 45 g feta
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Lightly brush the insides of three ramekins with olive oil
- Tear up the kale and add it to a small mixing bowl. Add the tomato paste, oregano, cherry tomatoes, black olives and roasted capsicum to the bowl, and gently mix until the ingredients are combined. Divide these amongst the three ramekins
- Gently crack 2 eggs into each ramekin
- Bake until the egg whites are just set and the yolks are still runny- about 12-16 minutes
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Crumble some feta over the top, garnish with parsley, then serve.