Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs
Tender & Juicy Chicken thighs, served over a bed of cannellini beans, all drizzled with the tasty tray-bake juices and finished with a big handful of fresh parsle
- 2 brown onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 100 ml chicken broth
- 500 g chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- salt + pepper
- 1 tbsp capers
- 20 g parsley
- 1 can cannelini beans drained
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Thinly slice the brown onions and mince the garlic. Scatter these over the baking tray to form an even layer.
- Cut the lemon in half. For the first half; zest and juice the lemon, and add this to the tray bake. With the second half; thinly cut into slices and position around the tray.
- Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables, then lay the chicken thighs out on a single layer over the vegetables. Brush the top of each thigh with melted butter, then season with salt and pepper. Scatter the capers over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes- rotating the tray halfway; until the chicken is golden or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 75°C. Remove from oven, and rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve the chicken thighs over a bed of the cannellini beans, and drizzle over with the softened onions and tray-bake juices.
- Add a handful of chopped parsley on top, and garnish with a few lemon slices.