Kale & Cauliflower Breakfast Hash
Spiced crispy cauliflower, kale and sausages cooked in an iron skillet with eggs cracked over the top
Servings: 2 people
- 2 sausages- I've used kangaroo sausages
- 700 g cauliflower- broken into florets
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 2 cloves garlic- finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 150 g red onions- thinly sliced
- 2-3 stems curly kale- leaves torn off and stem discarded
- 4-5 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook the sausages until they're almost cooked through. Set aside, then cut into slices when cool enough to handle.
- Add the cauliflower florets, spices, garlic and oregano. Season with salt & pepper and quickly toss until the cauliflower is well coated and the spices are lightly toasted. Remove from heat. Add the sliced sausages and toss to combine.
- Place the skillet into the heated oven and roast the cauliflower for 15 minutes
- Remove the skillet from the oven, add the red onions and kale and stir to combine.
- Create small wells for each egg in the vegetables with a wooden spoon and crack an egg into each well.
- Place the skillet back into the oven for a further 7-12 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking
- Remove from oven, set aside for 5 minutes to cool, then serve
Calories: 377kcal Carbs: 31.9g | Fat: 16g | Protein: 30.9g