A lighter, brighter twist on the classic egg salad on toast. It’s super simple and comes together so quickly, it’s perfect for preparing the night before and tossing onto some toast for those busy mornings.
Combine soft-boiled eggs with a simple home-made mayo (just olive oil, dijon mustard and lemon juice). Add plenty of fresh herbs to brighten it up, and top with pickled red onions to add a bit of punch. I’ve served this on Abbott’s Sandwich Thins for a lower-calorie breakfast, but serve with any bread of your choice.
Herbed Egg Salad on Toast
Creamy and herbaceous egg salad with pickled onions on toast
Servings: 2 people
- 4 eggs- boiled to liking
- 20 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp lemon juice or juice from pickled onions
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley- leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 handful chives- finely chopped into ringlets
- bread- to serve I've used Abbott's Sandwich Thins
- 1 tbsp pickled red onions
- Boil the eggs to your liking (I've soft-boiled mine at 5 minutes). Leave to cool, then peel and roughly chop.
- In a bowl, add the eggs with olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon juice and herbs and gently combine until all the ingredients are mixed
- Slice the bread and cut into triangles. Load up each piece with the egg salad mixture, add the pickled onions over the top and garnish with more herbs
Calories: 329kcal Carbs: 18.8g | Fat: 19.9g | Protein: 16.6g