Healthy Cauliflower Fried Rice
A filling rice-bowl that combines the flavours of traditional Chinese Fried Rice with a big focus on added veggies makes for a nutritious and satisfying lunch
Servings: 5 servings
- 700 g chicken breast
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 65 g shortcut bacon- diced
- 150 g brown onions- diced
- 3 large garlic cloves- minced
- 250 g carrots- diced
- 250 g corn kernels frozen or canned is fine if fresh corn is not available
- 3 large eggs- whisked
- 750 g cauliflower rice
- 50 ml Shaoxing cooking wine or mirin
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 100 g oyster sauce
- 1-2 stalks spring onions- finely sliced
- Bring the chicken breasts to boil in a large saucepan of water- poach for 14 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to cool, then shred
- Heat the olive oil in a wok on high heat. Add the bacon, onions and garlic and cook fry for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the carrots and corn. Cook for a further 3 minutes
- Clear a small hole in the vegetables at the centre of the wok. Add the eggs and scramble them with a wooden spoon. Once the eggs are cooked through, mix them in with the vegetables and bacon.
- Add the cauliflower rice, cooking wine, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the liquid dries out. Add in the shredded chicken and mix to combine.
- Remove from heat and spoon into serving bowls. Top with chopped spring onions.
Calories: 384kcal Carbs: 29.9g | Fat: 10g | Protein: 56.3g