Golden Cauliflower, Coconut & Chickpea Curry
A deliciously warming curry with roasted cauliflower, chicken and chickpeas in a creamy, turmeric and coconut broth.
Servings: 5 people
- 1 small cauliflower- outer leaves removed and broken into florets
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves- minced
- 2 tsp ginger- minced
- 1 brown onion- finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 700-900g chicken breast- diced into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves
- 1 fresh chilli- sliced diagonally
- basmati rice or toasted flatbread (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C
- Toss the cauliflower florets in 1tsp ground turmeric and the garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper, and spread over a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Ensure that the cauliflower isnt over-crowded. Roast the cauliflower until golden, tossing halfway; roughly 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and onions, season with salt and pepper. Fry for 3-4 minutes or until translucent
- Add the remaining turmeric, chilli flakes and drained chickpeas. Stir frequently for 8 minutes or until the chickpeas start to crisp
- Add the coconut milk and chicken stock. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring regularly
- Add the diced chicken breast and cover the pot with a lid. Bring to simmer and cook for 8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through
- Stir in the roasted cauliflower. Continue to simmer the curry until it becomes thick and creamy. If the curry becomes too thick, dilute with a bit of stock or water until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Transfer into serving bowls. Top with a handful of fresh chilli and coriander, and serve with basmati rice or toasted flatbread.
Calories: 431kcal Carbs: 16.3g | Fat: 16.8g | Protein: 60.8g