Good figs are available for such a brief flash of time here in Australia, I’ll make any excuse to squeeze these divine fruits into as many dishes as possible while they’re available. This fig salad is remarkably simple but is well-loved every time I serve it.
Peppery rocket with ripe figs, soft goat’s cheese and crunchy toasted walnuts in a sticky, tart pomegranate vinaigrette- it tastes sublime served with roasted lamb or beef, or makes for a sophisticated starter if you’re entertaining.
Fig, Rocket & Goat’s Cheese Salad
- 120 grams rocket
- 8 figs- quartered
- 40 grams toasted walnuts
- 80 grams goats chèvre
- 1 french shallot- finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- Combine the pomegranate vinaigrette ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside
- Cut the figs into quarters vertically, and combine with the rocket in a serving bowl. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and gently toss to combine
- Scatter toasted walnuts and crumbled goats chevre on top