A big bowl of hot, chunky soup is the ultimate cure for winter blues. Onions, capsicum and carrots simmered with black beans in a rich tomato broth. The added chorizo, smoked paprika and ground chipotle gives a delicious smokiness, and I’ve added shredded chicken breast to bump up the protein and make this a truly satisfying meal.
I’ve added extra flavour with Grilo Immunity Boost Super Seasoning, which contains immune-supportive organic spices such as turmeric, garlic, ginger and cayenne. The best (secret) ingredient is the added cricket powder; an amazing source of vitamin B12, protein, iron, and all 9 essential amino acids (making it the ideal ‘complete protein’ source). I’ve added 1 tablespoon of this into the soup; it works as a delicious spice blend with tonnes of hidden benefits.
Chorizo, Chicken & Black Bean Soup
- 400 g red capsicum- diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage- sliced into discs
- 1 large brown onion- diced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground chipotle
- 2 cloves garlic- minced
- 150 g carrots- peeled and diced
- 1 can diced tomato (400g)
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 1 can black beans- drained
- 750 g chicken breast- diced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp Grilo Immunity Boost Super Seasoning made with powerful organic ingredients like turmeric, garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper, combined with all Grilo Cricket Powder to support the immune system
- chilli flakes
- fresh parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Lay the diced capsicum out over baking paper on a tray, season with salt and pepper and roast for 25-30 minutes or until lightly charred
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced chorizo and fry on each side for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Add the onions, and fry for a further 3 minutes or until softened
- Add the smoked paprika, ground chipotle and minced garlic. Stir continuously for 1 minute, until the paprika is evenly combined
- Add the diced carrots to the pan, season with salt and pepper, then add the diced tomato and vegetable broth. Cover the pan and bring to boil
- Add the black beans, diced chicken breast, oregano and Super Seasoning. Stir to combine, then lower the heat to medium. Cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally; until the chicken is cooked through.
- Combine the roast capsicum with the soup, then remove from heat. Spoon the soup into serving bowls and serve warm.
- Add chilli flakes and fresh parsley leaves if desired.
KaterinaJuly 14, 2020 at 11:10 am
Oh yum! This soup sounds absolutely amazing and I love the sound of that seasoning. I am loving adding a dash of turmeric to my dishes lately!