I’ve been swapping out my usual Extra-Virgin Olive Oil with Cold-Pressed Argan Oil to drizzle on salads; Argan oil is so nutritious and has a beautiful, nutty taste that blends beautifully with spices such as cumin and coriander seed, or mixed in with dukkah (an Egyptian spice blend). Like EVOO, Virgin Argan Oil is an amazing ‘good fat’; it’s rich in vitamin E, antioxidants and omega fatty acids. It’s one of the healthiest oils you can eat! Note that as Argan oil has an extremely low smoking point, it should only be drizzled on in the final stages of cooking rather than used for cooking.
I’ve opted for 100% Pure Organic, Cold-Pressed Virgin Argan Oil from youforher, their Organic Argan Oil is ethically sourced and produced by an all-female Moroccan cooperative; over half of their profits go to supporting the equality of opportunities for women in rural Morocco.
Not only does it taste amazing, it’s amazing for the body as well as the soul.
Roast Cauliflower, White Bean & Chicken Salad with Dukkah & Argan Oil
- 1 head cauliflower- broken into florets
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin seeds
- ½ tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 can butter beans- drained and rinsed
- 3 chicken breasts- poached or roasted and shredded
- 1 tbsp dukkah blend
- 2 tbsp 100% Pure Organic Argan Oil
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Combine the spices with the olive oil, add to the cauliflower florets and season well with salt & pepper. Toss until evenly coated, and spread the florets out onto a baking tray. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until golden
- Once roasted, combine the cauliflower with the shredded chicken and butter beans.
- Whisk the argan oil in with the dukkah and pour over the salad. Season with salt & pepper, and gently toss to combine.
- Garnish with a handful of parsley and squeeze over with lemon.