This is my favourite green smoothie that I keep coming back to- refreshing and delicious on a scorching summer day + bonus points for packing in some leafy greens for an added fibre boost. The combination of fresh juicy mango, coconut and fresh greens with a hint of mint is so incredibly refreshing, it makes total sense once you give it a go.
Adding in a handful of cashews is the ultimate smoothie-hack- it makes any smoothie deliciously creamy and frothy, and it’s a great source of plant protein. The extra fat makes this smoothie a decent liquid breakfast that’ll keep you feeling full for hours! Soak the cashews overnight to help them blend in smoothly, otherwise a spoonful of cashew butter does the job just as well.
Cashew Mango Green Smoothie
The ultimate green smoothie- it's refreshing, delicious and an easy way to pack in some extra leafy greens
- 150 g fresh mango chopped
- 200 ml coconut water
- 30 g raw cashews- soaked overnight
- 1 handful baby spinach
- ½ lemon- juice only
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves
- Soak the raw cashews in water overnight, then drain when ready to prep
- Add all ingredients to blender- pack in as much spinach as will fit
- Whizz until completely blended and smooth
- Pour over some ice-cubes and top with a sprinkle of shredded coconut for garnish
Calories: 296kcal Carbs: 40.2g | Fat: 13.8g | Protein: 7.6g
PaleodebcooksJanuary 3, 2020 at 9:13 am