Brussel Sprouts & Bacon Gnocchi
Roasted Brussel sprouts, crispy bacon and red onions with pan-fried gnocchi topped with blue cheese
Servings: 2 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 700 g Brussel sprouts- halved and trimmed
- 150 g bacon or pancetta- chopped into small cubes
- 250 g gnocchi
- 1 large red onion- finely sliced
- 40 g blue cheese or gorgonzola
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
- Trim the ends off the brussel sprouts, cut them in half and remove the outer tough leaves. Spread out onto a baking sheet, drizzle with half the olive oil and season generously with salt. Toss until evenly coated, then roast for 25 minutes or until golden. Flip and rotate the sprouts after 15 minutes to ensure they are evenly browned.
- In a large skillet, heat the remainder of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the pan is searing hot, add the bacon and fry for 3 minutes or until they start to crisp.
- Add the gnocchi and fry these for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped red onions and continue tossing until the gnocchi is golden and the red onions have softened.
- Once the brussel sprouts are roasted, add them to the pan and toss. Remove from heat. Crumble the blue cheese over the top, then serve.
Calories: 638kcal Carbs: 76.5g | Fat: 24.3g | Protein: 35.1g