Here’s a lovely simple, side dish that’s a real crowd-pleaser. I love serving this as a starter along side a grazing plate, or as a vegetable side to accompany a larger feast. It feels sophisticated but comes together so quickly, I’ll always try to make this if seasonal asparagus is available.
Lightly grilled asparagus on a luscious bed of lemony labneh, scattered with crunchy pistachios and dukkah, all bathed in extra virgin olive oil. Yum, it’s pure heaven on a plate and the perfect accompaniment to fish, seafood or chicken mains.
Asparagus with Labneh, Lemon and Dukkah
- 10 ml olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3 tbsp labneh
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil- for dressing
- 1 tbsp pistachios roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp dukkah
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat
- Chop the woody ends off the asparagus, add these to the hot pan and season well with salt. Cook for 10 minutes, turning the asparagus spears to ensure they cook evenly
- In the meantime, combine the labneh with 1 crushed garlic clove and the lemon juice. Whisk to combine, then spoon this out onto a plate
- Add the cooked spears of asparagus over the labneh, drizzle with lemon juice and more olive oil to serve
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and dukkah and serve